Tuesday, April 2nd

Yesterday I thought we were in the desert, wrong. Today we were in the desert. Desolate, nothing for miles around. We could see for miles. Nothing but tumbleweed, sand, rocks and blue sky. We were on Highway 62 going east out 29 Palms headed for Parker, Arizona. There was very little traffic so we walked on the road. It was a good thing because the shoulder, when there was one, was very soft sand. Very difficult walking, like walking on the beach. We did 15. 4 miles today and tomorrow we do it again. When Ruth and Carol picked us up, we headed for Joshua Tree National Park which is just about a half mile from 29 Palms. We drove to a picnic area and had lunch. Great park, I wish we had more time to explore. I found a ratchet handle and a quarter. I put 15.4 miles on my New Balance 926, Stay tuned ….

No comments: