Tuesday, May 4th

We walked into Roswell today. After walking about 3 miles, Carol and Jolie Blonde joined me. We turned left off of 2nd street and walked down Main St. I wondered what people thought, two people in very bright orange shirts with a white dog on a leash. On we walked, pass McDonalds and to the campus of the New Mexico Military Institute. It is a residential school for high school juniors and seniors and a two year college awarding graduates an associate degree.

At about mile 6, John and Ruth picked up Carol and Jolie Blonde and I kept walking. Walked passed franchise row, Wendy's, Cici's, Motel 6, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Subway, etc. Finally arrived at Wal-Mart and the edge of town. I walked on to where Main St. intersects with Highway 70 and that is where we stopped today, 8.5 miles. Carol and Jolie Blonde were waiting. I found 3 pennies today, disappointed, should have found more. Stay tuned ......

No comments: