Tuesday, June 8th

Carol and Jolie Blonde took me out early this morning and once again, we headed east. From the landscape and the signs that we see, this is hunting country. There are deer, turkey, wild hogs, quail and doves. And the signs I see all say "private hunting, by permit only" or "(fill in the blank) Hunting Club. On the Crowell, Texas website, there is a link to a hunting club that imports exotic animals for their customers to shoot. No thanks, I'm not a hunter, but I like to fish. But even as a fisherman, I have the "catch and release" philosophy.

As we mentioned before, this is wheat harvesting time and two "big" combines passed me on the road today. I think they were the two that we saw yesterday.

Just down the road from the RV park, there is the Comanche Springs Astronomy Campus. It is run by the Three Rivers Institute, who's mission is "promote and foster arts andscience education. They have monthly "star parties" and have an array of observation telescopes and other viewing equipment. The facility is free and open to the public.

John and Ruth return tomorrow and we will walk through Crowell. Today we found a Texas (private bus) license plate, a cheap steak knife and a quarter. Stay tuned ......

No comments: