Monday, October 3




Yesterday, Carol and I didn't feel very good, so while John and Ruth attended the First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, we stayed home and rested.
 
That evening, we roasted "6" hot dogs over an open fire. Very good even with Jolie Blonde in your face begging for a bite.
 
Ruth took us out today around 7 am and off we went. It was chilly this morning, in the 40s, but the sun was out and it turned very pleasant. The highway had a good shoulder and we were soon walking through Northport, AL, a suburb of Tuscaloosa.
 
A man in a pick-up pulled over and said, "I have seen you guys for the past 3 days and I just had to find out what we were doing" We explained what we were doing and he said, "Well, that makes sense now". He wished us good luck and we were off. A little bit later, we stopped to chat with 2 young men picking up trash. They were very much impressed by what we were doing and had indeed heard about Habitat. We were off again.
 
John stopped for an soft serve cone, but I passed it up as I wasn't sure how my stomach would take it. I'll buy two later, to make up for the one missed.
 
At mile marker 48, Carol and Ruth picked us up. We had a good coin day, $1.80 in coins. Stay tuned ....


No comments: