Wednesday, November 9




Carol took us out this morning, about 15 miles west of Waycross. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining when we started.
 
At about the 6 mile mark, I crossed the highway to use the facilities at a convenience store, gas station, grocery store, wildlife check station and restaurant. There was a man in there that looked like a local farmer. He said, "Where you walking to?". I replied, "Jekyll Island". He said, "Where did you start?". "California", I replied. "Are you walking for a reason or a cause?." "Habitat for Humanity", I said. "I knew it, I knew you had to be for something". he said, satisfied that he had guessed right.
 
Up ahead, we came across two young men picking up trash. One asked me if I knew how far the county line was. I asked him if that was how far he needed to go today and he said yes. I told him he had a long way to go, 10 or 12 miles. He didn't look pleased. Then I asked him if he had found any license plates. He said no and kept on picking up trash .... he had a long way to go.
 
We came upon a field that we did not recognize what had been planted. After much pondering, a person has a lot of time to ponder walking across the US, I decided it was tobacco. I'll post the pic, does anyone know if this looks like tobacco?
 
Carol picked us up a few miles west of Waycross. Tomorrow we walk through Waycross, Georgia. Today we found .25 cents. Stay tuned ....


No comments: