April 28

"Arkansas 'ol Arkansas, I just love 'ol Arkansas
I love my Ma and I love my Pa
But I just love 'ol Arkansas
I just love 'ol Arkansas"
 
Lyrics by Roger Miller
Sung by Ken Goodman at the Vienna Theatre (across from Bathhouse Row, great show)
 
Goodbye Oklahoma, Hello Arkansas. We entered our home state today and it sure felt good.
Onward to Hot Springs! (and beyond).
 

The day started off a bit chilly when Ruth let us off. John and I both had jackets on, but quickly shed them when the sun came up and warmed us. After just a bit, we crossed the Mountain Fork River and a very narrow bridge. In fact, we crossed several narrow bridges today.

The Mountain Fork is the biggest river around here and floaters travel down it in the spring and summer.
 
The shoulder here is a bit narrow, so we walked single file and waved at all the truckers. Log trucks, trucks hauling chickens to the processing plant in Broken Bow and many more trucks of all descriptions. We found a pile of pennies along the highway today, probably 30 or 40. If I haven't mentioned it before, all monies found on the highway are being donated to the Coast to Coast Walk Fund. We should have about $10. by the time we finish this phase at Greenville, MS

Please help us fund this Habitat house by making a donations to Garland Co. HFH, PO Box 171, Hot Springs, AR 71901. Help us make a difference in the life of a low income, deserving family by making a donation today. Thank you.
 
Carol and Ruth were waiting for us when we arrived at the Oklahoma/Arkansas state line. High fives, congratulations, photos and  champagne (well Gatorade and water).
 
Today we found a half inch wrench and .85 cents. Tomorrow we walk through DeQueen, ARKANSAS ! Stay tuned ....


No comments: